Tuesday, November 3, 2009

One year older and wiser too...

Happy Birthday to you! Today is Landon's 26th birthday. That's right, he just fell off the fence and is now closer to 30 than 20. Rough. We both had early classes and so we were able to spend the whole day together. It was BEAUTIFUL weather here in the SLC so we headed to Wheeler Farm to see the animals and enjoy the sunshine!








Landon was, (as always) spoiled today. He got a pair of jeans, two pairs of shoes and a new board game. Last year I did 25 years of Landon's life, I think this year I will do 26 things you may not know about Landon:

1: He wears women's socks (they are pink and fluffy)
2: He hates math
3: He thinks Belle is the prettiest princess
4: He does not like popcorn (except for caramel)
5: He does valet parking on the weekends
6: He once followed Jessica Simpson through an airport (while he was married, I might add)
7: He smiles with his mouth closed
8: He gets terrible canker sores
9: He hates little dogs
10: He tries to predict the day before who will remember his birthday
11: He thinks desserts are healthy if they are homeade
12: He is scared of squirrels
13: He cries every single week during Extreme Home Makeover (and occasionally during the Biggest Loser)
14: He LOVES the water and hopes to be reincarnated as a fish
15: He always holds off his homework,essays and exams until the last minute because he knows that I will do them for him
16: He gets really grossed out by blood
17: He always wants me to come into the bathroom to see his bowel movements and he thinks it's rude that I never will
18: He gets super excited when the new weekly ads are released for our favorite grocery stores and he raids the mail room garbage cans for disposed coupons (he will call me at school if he finds some good ones).
19: He consistently diagnoses himself when he starts to feel ill. So far the poor guy has had elephantitis (cramping muscle) the Swine Flu (small cold), leukemia (tired), subdural hematoma (headache), and multiple fractures (none to speak of).
20: He blog stalks... if you are reading this, he reads your blog. And he probably quotes it to me afterward.
21: He is a business major, but dreams of being a radiology tech. (?)
22: He really wants a baby. Once when we were talking about it he went silent for a few minutes and then said, "I just said a prayer in my heart and I felt warm." It was cute.
23: He asks me if he looks fat in his jeans all the time, and he is serious.
24: He loves to be scruffy, but hates it when he starts to get a mustache.
25: He always has dry earlobes.
26: He is humming the theme song for Titanic right now. I just asked him about it, he looked at me with sad eyes and said, "Well, I go into deep depression when the Jazz lose."

That's my Lanny, the good, the bad and the UGLY. Trust me, there is a lot of all of those. Without being too sappy, let's just say: if anything ever happened to this guy I would lose my entire life.





Happy Birthday Sweetheart!

13 comments:

Kim said...

oh. my. gosh. dying laughing over here. I LOVE the list. I especially love 13, 17, 18, 19 (luekemia!??), 22, 26...ok, heck I love them all. What a riot!!!

Morgan Eliason said...

Happy Birthday Landon! And Che I just have to tell you that you are an awesome blogger! I always love to read your posts. I can always play on laughing!

The Crandall Family said...

Super cute pics... I mean very manly and tough :) Happy bday to Landon!!

Mendy said...

Happy Birthday Landon hope you had a good day!!!!! I cry ever week in both those shows ha ha

Nat and Justin said...

You didn't tell me Trains was for his birthday! Man what an amazing gift...except for you two are gonna get too amazingly good at it and beat us every week now! I loved the list...oh how we love Landon. Hope his birthday was great! See you Soon!

suedawg said...

Happy Birthday Big guy!!!!! i knew most of the inf. but really Che' the bowel movement is tooooo much info. I love you two and can't wait to see you soon.

Jeff and Ali said...

Happy Birthday Landon!! I remembered it was your birthday, so sorry I'm a couple days late. Sounds like it was a good one! Man, we're getting old!

Greg n Sara said...

haha I love your blog about landon that is so funny.... He seems so funny and just perfect for you. well I hope school is going good for you. It would be grat to see you when we come to Idaho we will be there for christmas.

Jen said...

What a great idea Che! I love the part about the coupons. Can Landon come help me?? Also, I'm loving that he diagnoses himself with various illnesses and also that he asks you if he looks fat in his jeans. Landon...fat??? HUH?? Happy birthday Landon!!

Jared and Sarah said...

Oh Happy Birthday Landon! Well, belated. You guys are funny, and I love that there is an exception to the not loving popcorn...and I also love that he called me the other day for the recipe(while you were doing his homework)Funny funny.

Emily said...

Lol, I'm so glad Landon found such an awesome wife, cuz he really is an awesome guy. Happy Bday Lanny!

lisa said...

Happy late birthday Landon!! I am sorry I did not get you called or that I forgot to mail that BIG check. I am glad you had a good one. I love the list Che' they all sound so much like Landon I know they must be all true. You made me laugh.
Lisa

Lindsay said...

Che this is the hardest I've laughed at reading something about someone I don't know hahaha.

Here's a link to my blog if you ever feel like reading it :)

http://www.lindsayylou.wordpress.com/