Friday, October 23, 2009

A day late and a dollar short

That's how I feel about my blog lately. I'm sure you know what I mean... THE phase, the one where you are busy and you let your blog fall behind, so then when you get time to update it you think, "Well gee, it's so far behind anyway. I don't even know what to write about." Well, I'm stopping the nonsense and bringing you an update. (like you really care) School has been crazy. I mean pull my hair out, cry hysterically, feel inferior kind of crazy. Which brings me to the best thing ever: fall break. As you already know, I was able to go back to Idaho for the first time in 5 months! I just happened to be so lucky that spud harvest was going on... and even luckier that my in-laws wanted to come up and see what this "harvest" business was all about.
We had a blast while we were there. We stayed with my grandma most of the time in her bed and breakfast and she was a great host. She fed us breakfast every morning and kept everyone laughing with her witty, little personality. This woman is amazing. Super. Star. Grandma. Someday I want to be just like her.


We had a Big J's feast and Spades tournament one night. The teams? Neil and Cortney. Sid and Di-izzle, Judd and Susan and yours and mine truly. Need I really tell you the results? I don't think so. Let the best couple win. Which we did.

My girls

Thanks Fullmers for coming up to visit! We had a blast and I loved showing you around my old stompin' ground. I'm so lucky to have you... don't think I don't know it.



And best of all..... that's right. Rotten potato flinging, dirt clod stompin', truck backer upper Che'. That's the part I got to play all week and I absolutely loved it. It was good to connect with my roots.

Back to reality... It was my "lamp of learning" last night where they pin all of the new inductees into the college of nursing. My parents drove up to it and it was fun to show them around the school and introduce them to my classmates.

The dean and president of the alumni association

This is my good friend Carly, her and I completed our prerequisites together in Orem and were lucky enough to both be accepted at the U. Her friendship has gotten me through many an exam, cram session or hysterical moment. She's my little academic rock.

Last but most certainly not least, thank you Mom and Dad for driving down to support me. While I'm at it, thanks for the constant reassurance and pushing in the right direction. It's so nice to always have people in my corner. I appreciate you more than you will ever know, and that I mean. (and of course... there is Landon in the background, it just goes without saying that he frequented the occasion. Where would I be w/out him? I shudder to think.)

15 comments:

cortney and neil said...

first comment ya! thanks for the night out. im proud of you kids. dad

dad said...

oops wrong identity!

Emily said...

Holy Cow you guys have bee busy. I've officially read 3 whole pages to catch up. I missed your blog, thanks for inviting me!

robcallfamily said...

I love to read your blog. You are great Che!

Jared and Sarah said...

Look how cute you are! Love all the Idaho pics and I'm glad that you had fun you busy busy lady. And you look mighty profesh at your "Lamp of Learning"

I sure do love ya!

Kim said...

I love it all. Love love love it. Why was I not invited to the lamp of learning? You know I would have been there, cheering louder than anyone. Well, except maybe sue dawg. Oh and I love the picture of you and grandma. She is just so darling. Do you think I said Love enough in this comment? Well if not, love to you too.

cortney and neil said...

Well it looks like I already left a comment up there ?????????? Anyway, congrats on the pinning. Can't wait to see you next week!! You better be coming!

The Crandall Family said...

Look how smart you are :) I admire nurses. My sis. (in nursing school) was told to modify her "darting" technique for giving shots cuz the patients were getting frightened :) glad my stressful days at work don't involve needles, just bad art... Lets go get that pedicure sometime this week?!

Bree said...

Um. Question: how did I not make it into any of the pictures of your trip home? HAhaHAhA. It sure was fun to see you though! And sorry to hear school is SOOO crazy--but congrats on the pinning! Good luck! :)

Andi and Cade said...

Oh man, your cute post and seeing your smiling faces made my heart ache a little with missing you! I know life has been crazy, but I hope we can get together soon. Even if it's just for a three hour Olive Garden adventure. Love ya.

Carlie said...

So what am I chopped liver? Pretty sure I also drove to attend this function...rude to me.

Greg n Sara said...

Glad you got to make it home to see your wonderful family.Being away from family makes your love them even more. You look amazing and I have to say I love those red shoes of yours..

johnandjana said...

Che', Thanks for the update. I'm so glad you got to come home for a few days and during the harvest. I think that dirt gets in our brain and we need it once a year. Congrats on the pinning. You will be an awesome nurse.

Lane, Amanda, and Mason said...

Oh boy thanks for the update!! I've been wondering how you guys were doing!!

Unknown said...

That's so exciting. I'm so jealous!!!