I don't know where to begin. ( I just said that to Landon, so I thought I would just be honest.) I will begin back in Fairfax, where the beginning of the craziest weeks of my life began... Packing up to come home from summer sales is always a funny thing, we usually decide to go home on a whim, and pack up in a few hours. This summer was no exception. I must take a second and brag on my husband, he is the most amazing packer you will ever find. (Sorry Mariann, but it's the truth) Take a look at our car.

When we got back to Salt Lake, my parents came up to go to the Toby Keith concert with us. It was
SO MUCH FUN! I don't know if it was so great because of the music and show, or because I was just so glad to be back with my family... by the way, my Dad fit right in with the handlebar mustache and Wranglers.


This was the opening band, now I know what you are thinking, but before you judge him... Don't. In spite of, or maybe because of his weight, this guy had some serious moves! I am wishing now that I had recorded if for verifiable proof. Ask my Mom... she couldn't stop staring.


Yum


And the best part of all!
School has officially started. It is a lot different than I thought it would be. My classes are not like they used to be where you go to a different class for 50 minutes and then move on to your next. Instead, I go to each class for about 4 hours and work in groups of 6 with an instructor, everything is really hands on and we will be working with mannequins that have babies and throw up. So that will be fun!

Had to show you my PPE. (Personal Protective Equipment) Hopefully none of you run into me any time soon because I will only be speaking in
medical abbreviations. There will be no exceptions to this, don't even ask. 
Here's my super fancy uniform that I have to wear all the time. You would be surprised how many people ask me "what I do for work" in this thing. (as if the giant University of Utah College of Nursing badge AND Che'Lyn Student Nurse name tag did not do the trick).
We are so glad to be back in Utah and in our apartment in Salt Lake. It's nice to be back into a regular routine again. Don't give up on my useless blog because of my shameless neglect...
I'm back for good!
18 comments:
amazing. I can't believe you're really going to be a nurse. You're like my hero or something. Welcome back slash good luck!
I agree that BIG man had the greatest moves, he puts skinny men!! to shame. But Trace Atkins was awesome as was Toby. We had a great weekend even if we had to move two daughters. Love Ya
Big men always have the best moves...hello, Chris Farley anyone? And love the PPE...not everyone can pull that off ya know.
I would beg to differ on packing a car- I might just beat you Ha ha!
Good luck with the nursing program- my sister started Weber's this past week so I get a sense of how busy you are.
I'm so jealous!!! I still want to go to nursing school. You would think 2 degrees would be good enough for me, but I still wanna go!! Oh and I honestly don't know why I look so little in that picture. My head looks huge too. Is it huge in real life? Can we meet up sometime? We love us some slc!
You weren't kidding about the whole car thing. And I love you and all, but if I hear to many abrevs I might punch you in the Oves (that is an abrev for ovaries :)
Man, that guy looks hot! I wish I could have seen him. You also look fantastic in your nursing outfit. A true natural!
It's about time you got back!
Hey Che'. Thank you for the compent on my blog about my daughter. Yes she is so pretty. You need to be carefull what you volunteer for because I would totally take you up on it. She is a princess through and through. She is adorable but she gets exactly what she wants when she wants and how she wants. There are no if ands or buts about that girl. But you can't help but LOVE her to pieces. Where are you guys living? Hope all is going well.
Che' It's good to have you back and you look pretty darn cute in your protective equipment. Good luck with school.
you crack me up lady!
Yippee! So glad that you're back and posting again. You look great in your scrubs and also in your PPE! I hate to say it, but does it mean that I'm a dork if I knew what PPE was??? Probably....
Che' you look great in your nursing uniform. I am very proud of you. I know how much work it is to get there and how much it is going to be to stay there. You are great. Love lisa
I have to second you on Landon's car packing skills...he and Jer did a pretty amazing job packing our car when we left Texas, I am still amazed that we got all that CRAP in there! And.... You look adorable in your nursing gear!
Thanks for the comment! I love that picture of how Landon packed your car, that is how my dad is. He can fit anything into the smallest trunk!
Good luck with school and I am excited to check your blog again soon! Oh- and tell Landon hi!
Oh Che, I love your posts!! SOOO glad you're back to blogging! I am dying over Cort's comment...punch you in the ove's??!! BAAHAHAHAHA!! Anyway, I think you look hot in your nursing uniform (ummm...not the PPE one so much as the scrubs one ;)) Good luck with school and everything!!
Is the packing thing a challenge? Is this going to be one of the events at the Clark Olympics? Let me know so I can practice. To tell you the truth, I would be happy to pass that "Genetic Defect" off to someone else. It would be nice to get rid of one! Love the uniform. You look so cute! I can't believe your that grown up and living your dream. Congratulations!!!
Isn't it great to be home?? Your pictures are all cute! Your hair is getting super long! I'm jealous :)
Post a Comment