Landon's adorable grandpa, "Freedo" passed away last week and we were able to go to Circleville to attend his funeral. Freed was such a sweet man and meant so much to Landon. I have heard countless stories from his childhood of hunting and camping with his Grandpa. When Freed was younger he was in the Navy and has always been so proud of Landon's military service. While Landon was in Iraq he hung a yellow ribbon on his flag pole and would not take it down until Landon was home safe to help him. He specifically requested that Landon wear his uniform to the funeral and guide the casket. I wish Landon were writing this so he could more accurately portray his feelings but I know that he loved his grandparents so much and will hold a special place in his heart for them until he can see them again. We will miss you Grandma and Grandpa, thanks for all you did for my Lanny! Love, that Idaho kid.




8 comments:
I have never seen Landon in his military uniform! Looking good Landon. Also, Che', you look gorgeous, as always. Your outfit is too cute. I am sorry about Freedo. Death sucks, as we well know. However, isn't it so nice that we know what we know so that it makes it just a bit easier?
Lanny looked so handsome. I hope you told him how sorry I am. Will you come home already! I am starting to get bored!
And I have canned well over 200 jars now. COME HOME
What a proud moment for you, to see your good man able to make his family so proud in uniform. Man we love that Lanny! and you too!
I'm so sorry for your loss. That was a real honor for Landon to be a part of his Grandpa's service. I love all the treasures you found in the blog before. Crazy woman!
Landon - I'm sorry that you lost your Grandpa. I'm sure he appreciated you honoring his wish by wearing your uniform. By the way, you looked amazing!
Che, I saw his obituary in the Richfield Reaper. I figured it was his grandpa cuz lanny was a a pall bearer (i have terrible spelling) anyways, I love you two. Sorry about the loss, good luck with everything. Miss you guys.
So sorry to hear about your Grandpa Fullmer! He kept my grandpa company in the care center. Love the uniform Landon! Glad you are liking school Che. What a great accomplishment!
Post a Comment