Tuesday, December 9, 2008

MiNnEsOtA

So for Thanksgiving Landon and I headed on a road trip with my parents to Duluth, Minnesota to watch my brother, Colby, race his snowmobile. It was such a fun trip! 18 hours there... 18 hours home... talk about family togetherness. My parents are so funny and Landon and I got a real kick out of being around them for 7 days straight. My Mom has got my Dad trained, that's all I have to say. 


When we arrived at Duluth, we met my Aunt and Uncle and Colby for Thanksgiving dinner. We ate buffet style in this restaurant that spun so you could see Lake Superior. It was really an amazing view, but quite the strange way to celebrate Thanksgiving. 



Saturday we went to the track and waited, and waited, and waited and waited for Colby to race. It was fun though and we got great seats indoors so that we didn't freeze all day. 

The track was overlooking the lake and it was gorgeous. All of this snow was man made. 

Here my little brother is riding onto the track with his mechanic to get ready to race. I would get so nervous for him! I know this is important to him and so I wanted him to do well, but mostly I was super paranoid about him getting hurt. 


The starting line 



Here's colby coming over the finish line on his last race. I'm really so proud of him. I know that so many little kids say they want to be astronauts, doctors, firefighters... or snowmobile racers. I also know that it's so rare for them to go for their dreams. Colby always knew what he wanted to do and has really fought to accomplish it. I love you Colby, don't forget about me when you are famous. I couldn't end this post without giving props to my parents... who beat us time and time again at Spades. They are by far the most ungracious winners I have ever seen. They insisted on calling us "losers" the whole trip. My Dad, who is the worst singer ever, even wrote his own little jingle about it. Jerks. Just wait until Christmas guys, you're smoked. I'll leave you with a picture of my Mom on the ride home. What a crack up. I love you guys so much and Landon and I really had such a great time hanging out with you. "Shootin' the moon are ya?!"

9 comments:

Mandy and her boys!! said...

Looks like you guys had a blast!! I love your family!! Your mom and dad are so much fun!! I miss them!! I am also proud of Colby, he is becoming a really good racer and Seth is starting to look up to him!! yeah...i know i am in trouble! ; )

Andi said...

What a fun trip! And cute new blog baby!

Kim said...

Love your family too. I just can't get enough! See ya tonight!!

Anonymous said...

oh i wish i was an oscarmeyer loser

Anonymous said...

I really like how you used my picture on the ride home, but not yourrs, with no makeup and some great looking p.j's. oh and let's not forget Landon's fashionable attire. But that's ok at least I"M NOT A LOSER!!!!ha ha I hope you're prepared to lose again. See ya at Neil Baby's concert. Love ya Mom

Broc and Sam McArthur said...

Yahoo Colby! I didn't know he went back east. It sounds like you guys had fun. I love picture of your mom. Your parents are so funny!

Jen said...

How fun! Congrats Colby! Your parents crack me up. Gotta love em!

Unknown said...

Congrats Colby!! WOOT WOOT!! It looks FREEZING in those pictures!

Linda, Brad and they're driving us mad said...

Wow.... what can I say. Colby is a stud. I love the picture you got of him. I don't think I could watch him race. I would be too nervous. I am glad you guys had fun. By the way, I love the countdown to Neil. I can hardly wait. Chow.