Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Just another week in paradise

Or something like that. Landon and I have been really busy these past couple of weeks. That coupled with the fact that we still don't have the internet connected has caused havoc on my abandoned, dumpy, little blog. School is in full swing and I am really swamped with a full load, but grateful to be doing my own thing again. Settling back into normal life has been quite the adjustment. We have spent lots of time trying to get our yard back in order, lots of time getting our house back in order, and  lots of money getting our pantry back in order. 
This was our first grocery trip when we got back. We had so much stuff! I really felt terrible for the poor guy who was ringing us up. We had actually filled two carts by the time everything was said and done. Hopefully, for our bank account's sake... this lasts us awhile. 

We went home to Idaho to visit my family recently and Landon and I stopped to see my friend Jacob at his "real cop" job. I can't believe that he is the real deal. It was so good to see him though, he has been a best friend of mine for almost five years now. 

And... how could I forget Britt?! I can't even describe how good it is to have my friend back! We went to her house for dinner last week. Her friend, Franco was visiting from Scotland and he cooked us a 5 star gourmet meal. The food was fine, but I was mostly just glad to see her again. And (thank you Linda) Landon made us all play Yahtzee.... AGAIN. P.S. I am falling over in this picture, and obviously find it quite hilarious! 

Landon took his two favorite gals to the Cheesecake Factory this weekend. I know it seems a bit strange that Landon would hang out with me and my friend. But... I actually met Brittney through Landon. They grew up together and have been friends since the beginning of time. It's super convenient for me because it's never awkward to be around them both at the same time. 

Landon is making up his time for missing military summer camp right now. He reported in Lehi last Monday and will finally be finished this Sunday. I am SUPER concerned about him getting caught up in his classes, but for some reason he is really chill about it. He just says to me, "I'm going to get A's." I have been making random appearances in his professor's offices trying to make sure he stays on top of his assignments. We'll see how this turns out. All in all, everything is going great for us and I am loving being home again. I get the internet on Sept. 18th.... and then I can be part of the blog world again! Until then... I miss you dear blog buddies. 

7 comments:

Toni said...

good to see your ok, I was wondering what was going on because of your absence. Bet its good to be back to the normal everyday boring life! :) But how fun is it that you spent the summer in Texas? Call us if your ever down this way! Good luck in school this year! are you almost done or do you still have a few years?

Jordan said...

I must say, you look pretty tough in that uniform Lando. Good to see another post on your blog. We've missed it.

The Crandall Family said...

We understand the grocery thing! We had two carts full and everyone was watching how long it took us to check out and probably laughing at us trying to use as many coupons as we could find! Good luck with school!

Andi and Cade said...

Dang what a good lookin' man! We miss you guys like crazy!! A plan needs to be put into action ASAP.

Mandy and Kalen said...

Glad you're back! You think your groceries are bad now... Just wait til you have a baby!

Oh... seeing you and Britt makes me wish I lived close by so I could hang out with you two... Although I am not nearly cute enough! You two would have to take me shopping to help me get some realy cute clothes!

Have fun with school. You are in Provo or Orem, right? We come there all of the time, we will have to get together sometime and hang out!

Lane, Amanda, and Mason said...

Glad your back to life its NUTS but FUN!! Ya the grocery shopping been there done that the FIRST day we moved in I didn't know it was possilbe to fill two carts but we did it TOO!! So what are you going to school for?!!

Mendy said...

So glad you guys are back I have missed all your cute posts!!! Good Luck in school I don't know how you do it!!!