It may be presumptuous for me to assume I have loyal, consistent blog readers. So... a back story. A few months ago while in Texas, I made Landon answer a few questions for a blog post. On the "I believe...." question Landon (in true Landon fashion) said "I believe in Lane Frost." The comment spawned many calls and texts and funny replies, but to me it was just an "oh Landon" moment. Well, tonight while visiting our friends Cade and Andi, they got all excited about something, started whispering behind their hands and giggling while coming down the hall with something concealed from Landon and I. Much to my delight... the surprise turned out to be a true Landon quote T-shirt!

You can tell how proud Landon is of the gift. I can't wait for him to wear it 5 days a week. I feel like I have to tell everyone why this is so funny. When I first met Landon we were going through the "getting to know you" phase. When I asked him his favorite movie he said, "8 seconds" ya, fine it's a little weird, but not TOO weird right? Well...the next breath he said. " I feel like I have always had a connection to Lane Frost. When I was young I went to the arena in Cheyenne where he was killed and said a
prayer and maybe cried a little." Now, you would think that would be the moment where I would say, "well, I had a really good time tonight. Don't call me... I'll call you." And yet... here I am two years later sitting next to him still laughing about it.

The back of the shirt has a
Gen-u-whine quote from the Lane Frost website. Some crap about what a great person he was... blah, blah, blah. (Landon is not ok with the previous sentence, he is requesting I edit myself.)

Although I am not pleased this shirt is being added to the wardrobe, I must take this moment to say what good friends Cade and Andi are.... to Landon anyway. They did some real homework for this present.
I think it would be a great dusting rag!
8 comments:
seriously hilarious! wish we could see you guys more...
Miss you both already! :( Good luck studying today.
Neil and I just had a great laugh at that. The sick part is Neil wonders if he can get one to. I guess he really does feel a connection or something. go figure. So I havn't talked to you for a long time. What is up with this.
Thats FUNNY!!:)
Oh my.... that is all I can say. I love the baby blue color. It is hot.
I love Lanny!
Landino, you're the funniest person I've ever met. Pretty good poker player too.
Are you kidding me? You don't need my baby... You two will have adorable babies!
Thanks for the comment on the blog. If you two are ever feeling adventurous come down.. it's a little over 2 hours from Provo! Just let me know... We could go to the corn maze and find something fun to do! I think Landon and Kalen would get a long great!
Post a Comment