We made it home! We had the most outrageous trip. It was a 21 hour drive and we oh so brightly decided that we were going to do in one straight shot. We left San Antonio at 10:30 p.m. on Friday night. The first three hours went by without a hitch and neither of us were really feeling tired at all until about 2:30 at which point I asked Landon to pull over so that I could brush my teeth and wash my face at a gas station. I was so embarrassed everytime someone would walk into the bathroom. I really looked homeless with my little cosmetic caboodle, scrubbing my face in the dirty little sink.

Driving while it was dark was actually by far the easiest part, we made it clear to New Mexico before the sun came up. Once it did though, the time seemed to crawl!

Here is the border patrol that we had to go through to get home. It was actually pretty funny because our car was SO loaded with crap. The little guy looked through the window with a flashlight and asked us both if we were citizens. When Landon said he was the guy asked him if he was from Canada because of his crazy accent.
(?) It would have been so easy for us to smuggle a couple of illegs under all the luggage.... Hmmm, we probably could have made a little gas money doing that.

Landon and I were SO tired at about 7:30 so we stopped to get some hot chocolate and walk around a bit. We went through some serious roller coaster emotions. Some times one or both of us would get so tired that we would take a 20 minute "power nap" which was actually just closing your eyes for a few moments. When we weren't feeling that way though, it was hilarious! We were both feeling so goofy and were honestly
laughing hysterically about nothing.

We finally stopped for breakfast at 10:00 at some place called "Pietown NM". That's right... Pie town, population 56. If you are ever going through, stop in and tell them Landon and Che' say hello.


I made Landon pull over and take some picture with some sunflowers at some point during the trip. I really don't have any idea where we were or what time it was. But he was a good sport about it and it was so good to just straighten my legs out!


This sign was such a blessing! The picture is blurry, but it officially announced our arrival back to Utah. Woohoo!

We arrived in Panguitch at 9:00p.m. on Saturday night. We were in the car for 23 hours straight. Neither of us slept at all for fear the other would fall asleep as well. We stopped for gas 4 times, stopped to eat twice, ate 2 bags of sunflower seeds, 6 bottles of propel, 2 bottles of water, lots of snack size candy bars, 1 hot chocolate and Landon downed 2 energy drinks. (Much to my dismay). Listened through our 7 hour MP3 twice and the first six chapters of Harry Potter 6. As crazy as it sounds, that drive will always hold some great memories for me. We had so much fun making fun of the little towns we were driving through and everything seemed 14 times funnier because we were so tired. We are both so happy to be home and get back to real life although we are both finding it bittersweet to see another summer go. We can't wait to
see everyone again!
7 comments:
I am glad you made it home safe! I am so impressed you did it in one straight shot! I bet you slept good on Saturday! Enjoy you first week of school! We miss you!
Glad you made it home safe. We'll miss you here in San Antone and while were are out in Michigan. When will we see you again?
Hey! I'm so happy you made it! I love the photos. You do look a little worse for wear in a few. :) I'm so glad you're home. I can't wait to see you again. I love you Che'!
You guys will have to give us a call now that you are back in UTAH. Next time you are in SLC call us!!!
Wow!! You guys made quite the trip! It sounds tiring but like you said FUN memoires! I'm glad you made it safe! What are your guy's plans now??
I'm so glad you made it back safely. What a long trip! I'm impressed that you did it in one straight shot. Superheroes! By the way, we are going to have a baby shower for kim on Sept. 27th at grandma's house. Hope you can make it!!
Welcome home!! Oh I remember those drives all too well! Where are you guys living? And what's your email so I can add you to my blog?
Post a Comment