Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Pursuit of Happy-ness

Do you ever have a moment where you think to yourself, "I'm going to remember this moment forever"? I have done this a few times in my life. Sometimes because the moment is overwhelmingly surprising, exciting, sad, or stressful. But it is rare for me to have a moment of complete content and sublime happiness, like I found the proverbial "pot" at the end of the rainbow. I had one of those today.... and it was beautiful.

It's my last day of school, the closing of a hugely important chapter in my life. It's a bittersweet beginning to my career and some time with my baby before I go to grad school. I thought I would celebrate by going on a walk with Goobs to the park. On my way there the birds were chirping, the sun was shining, my son was cooing and with tears streaming down my face, I thought how lucky I am to be so very blessed. So at the risk of sounding proud I want to say that I love my life, I'm grateful for all of the amazing gifts I have been given but don't always deserve. I'm grateful for my education and this beautiful baby I have been entrusted with. I'm overwhelmingly thankful for Landon and his support through the hell they call, "nursing school."

I have no idea what to do with myself tomorrow, for I have defined myself as a "student". But whatever I do... I feel overwhelming comfort knowing that this smile and the man I love get to accompany me.


8 comments:

Poulsen Family said...

Grad School?! Does that begin in the fall? You are ambitious!
Enjoy the summer!

Bree said...

Good for you Che. Love those moments. That last picture is precious!

Greg n Sara said...

LOVE IT

Jared and Sarah said...

Oh Che major Congrats on being done with school! Awesome awesome!! And how adorable is Hudson? I mean really? I need to see slash hold him again. I'm just happy that life is happy for you..u deserve it!

Kim said...

ohh I love this post. I felt the same way when I graduated. You have accomplished so much...so proud of you. The pictures of Hudson are just adorable too! So can't wait until WICKED next week!

Lindsay said...

Congratulations on graduating! It's a wonderful feeling to have a degree, isn't it? I'm glad you're so happy! :)

Andi said...

Perfectly said.. with tears running down my cheeks. I know just how those moments feel. Love you so that I can feel what you feel through your ability to express yourself.

Emily said...

Congrats! It makes me so excited to get my degree. You are smart to get it all done before you have a bunch of kids, unlike some idiots I know. Hudson is so stinkin cute, I think Lily has a crush.:)