I'm not really one to get political, and I don't often share my views publicly. But lately I have been hearing a lot about the Freedom of Choice Act. This new act will do away with many laws that most people support. Including:
- Bans on Partial Birth Abortion
- Requirements that women be given information about the risks of getting an abortion
- Only licensed physicians can perform abortions
- Parents must be informed and give consent to their minor daughter's abortion
I had to have a parent's permission slip just to watch a PG-13 movie in school. Now children can have abortions without their parent's guidance and support? There is a great website called fightfoca.com which is devoted to stopping this horrible bill. This is personal to me as a future women's health professional, I hope that I will never to be REQUIRED to perform abortions. Please research this and let YOUR voice be heard.




3 comments:
Isn't this just so terrible? I can't imagine any half decent human being supporting such things. I know that is harsh to say, but really...I am disappointed in Obama and that he says this is the first thing he will support as new president.
Hey we missed you guys at all the holiday b-ball tournaments.... hopefully we see ya next year! Hope you had a merry christmas!
Ya I totally agree with you and I wish more people would stand up for what they believe instead of going with the crowd and wanting change!!! I hate it and I start to get really ill feeling which is bad so I just don't get into it that much. The world is a scary place. Seriously allowing kids to choose abortion man I didn't even think about sex when I was that age, it makes me just sick I am glad you spoke your peace as I did mine ha!!!!
Post a Comment