Monday, October 6, 2008

... The Time is Now! ...

The University of Utah finally posted the '09 nursing application! I have been waiting for this for 2 years now... but I still felt sick when I saw it. It just made it so real. There are usually about 200 applicants and 71 accepted, so the competition is stiff. I have to have a competitive GPA, leadership examples, clinical experience, volunteer work, 3 great references and a captivating essay. This is so important to me, I have worked so hard in school to be considered for this program. I won't turn in my finished application until January... and won't find out if I got in until May! This is going to be the longest 8 months of my life. I just feel like I have invested so much of myself into this process... I am ready for it to be over! To be a nurse or not be a nurse....? That's my life's question. 

16 comments:

Carlie said...

I'm so proud of you! I know you're going to get it. You've worked so hard, and done so well. I love you. Thanks for being such a good sister to be able to look up to.

cortney and neil said...

good luck. you will do great.

Anonymous said...

Che' Even if you don't make the program, you are still a smart a talented young lady, and I LOVE YOU VERY MUCH! Good Luck honey

Kim said...

WAHOO!! Of course you are the most qualified person out there. Just think...8 months is almost as long as 9 months, which is the time it takes to have a baby, and let me tell you...that just flies by faster than it should! It will be here before you know it!!!

Mendy said...

That is so cool!! GOOD LUCK!!! I am sure you will get in hard work always pays off and you will deserve it!!! I love your blog background it is so cute good work!!!

The Crandall Family said...

Good luck! That can be so stressful, we totally understand!

Toni said...

oh... stressful! But you will do great! GoOd lUcK!

Andi said...

How could I be the seventh person to comment!! Gees these people are efficient! You know I love you, and you will rock it as I tell my first graders... :) So scary though!

Lane, Amanda, and Mason said...

Ah your SO awesome this is exciting!! Keep us posted with your acceptance good luck! :)

Broc and Sam McArthur said...

GOOD LUCK!! You will make a great nurse!

T said...

I think you would be a fantastic nurse!!!

Unknown said...

Good luck!! I wish I was doing that too! Can you leave me your email on mine please

Tedi @ Running with Infertility said...

Che' Holy Cow! You're already ready to apply!? That's SO scary! But I wish you luck! I get to apply next semester! :S But I'm only applying for UVU, not the U yet anyways! Good luck! Love you!

The Crandall Family said...

We definatly need to meet up and do something!! :) Cort will give Landon a call either when you guys are in salt lake or when we come to provo. And trust me if you chew on a bath towel it will make shivers go up your spine!!

Jen said...

That is so cool Che. I know you will do great. I am excited for you to go into a healthcare related field. You will be a great nurse!!

ShaLayne said...

I know you'll get accepted. Stop worrying.