Saturday, July 5, 2008

Oh the Festivities

I love the fourth of July! It's so much fun. Yesterday morning Chari, Lacee and I went downtown to Waterlawn Park for some fun and festivities. They had a little parade and lots of food venders (including funnel cakes). We did not stay there for very long though because the heat was overwhelming. As it turns out Lacee and Char like the heat about as much as I do. Plus we are all a little slow and forgot to bring cash. So... we went to Chilis. Surprisingly, this was the first time that we girls have gone out to lunch. We usually just eat whatever we can dig out of our cabinets and then meet by the pool. After lunch we came back to the apartments and waited for our husbands to come home. When Landon came home we ran to a mall to exchange our 24 for the next season of 24. It's not illegal, I swear. We have this "watching a series" thing all figured out. We go to F.Y.E. where they buy used movies, trade in our old season for the new one and it only costs us about $12. Genius! Unfortunately, F.Y.E. was closed for the fourth.
When it was starting to get dark we went back to Waterlawn Park for the firework show. The place was packed! And let me tell you... celebrating the fourth is much different in Texas than it is in Utah. It really does kind of seem like we live in a little bubble back home. Everyone was sloshed and the place was a dirty mess. It was so muggy and hot because it had been raining all day.
We are both sweaty and discusting and VERY covered in mosquito repellant in this picture. Even the mosquitos are more aggressive here. I will say that San Antonio knows how to celebrate the birthday of America. So many people came out and it was a really fun day. I don't want to get all emotional but I do want to say that I am so grateful for our soldiers. A special shout out to Landon... I love you and I am so proud of your service to our country.

8 comments:

Andi and Cade said...

Great to hear your voices! :) Glad you had a great Fourth!

ShaLayne said...

Glad you had a fun fourth. We missed you in Panguitch. We had quite an exciting day. We woke up and got ready to watch a 10 min. parade, then went to mom & dad's where the kids had a blast slip-n- sliding and jumping on the trampoline. After the delicious BBQ we went for a 4 hour ATV ride, and upon returning, Klyn tripped and hit his head on the back steps and put a big gash in his forehead. He was rushed to the ER, where he received several stitches. After that, we were all so exhausted, that we just watched the fireworks from the backyard. Other than the ER incident, we really had a fun day. It would have been better if you would have been there. Check out my blog later for the pictures. Miss you!
ShaLayne

Kim said...

Oh so glad you liked the fourth. I shout out to Landon with you...what a brave and honorable thing to do! Love you guys!

Lane, Amanda, and Mason said...

Looks like you had a FUN 4th!! :)

Devin and Lacee said...

Looks like you had fun!I can't wait to watch the bachelorette with you tonight. I made cookies!

Mandy and Kalen said...

You two are just too cute! Thanks for the super sweet comment on my blog... we like to think that Kinsey is pretty cute, but we are a little prejudice so it's good to hear from other people! But don't worry! I am sure that you two will make some extremely adorable kids!

Maybe when you guys get back to Utah we could hang out sometime!

McArthurs said...

That's good you had a good 4th. Did Landon have to work for part of it? Crappy if he did. You guys look so cute! It's funny you said Had looks like Conn in our pictures cuz my sister saw Conn and thought he was Had. Ha ha

Jen said...

How fun! I don't tolerate the heat very well either. It zaps me! Do you know when you'll be moving back to Utah?