Friday, May 30, 2008

Happy Birthday To Me

Well, my birthday came and went. I don't know why but I have always thought that my birthday was the biggest deal and have had such a hard time convincing everyone of the same thing! Every year I buy a "birthday dress" and strut around all day like a diva. However, this year things were a little different. Landon and I were leaving for our separate destinations (see former post:)) the day before my birthday and I kept telling myself that he was going to plan something super special for me before we left. However... one day went by and then the next and then the next and soon it was the day before we were leaving and he had not mentioned anything about it. You know when you want to hint something to your husband without straight up telling him that he is dropping the ball? I was all over that. Randomly throwing the date into otherwise normal conversation, mentioning that friends of mine had birthdays coming up, even shamelessly circling the date an obnoxious amount of times in our combined planner. As the hours went by that last day I was starting to feel a little neglected. Even took an emergency trip to "Ulta" and bought ridiculous amounts of makeup that I do not need or really even want to be honest. Landon came home from work at about 6 and said we were going over to his sister ShaLayne's to see everyone before we left. I am so proud to say that Landon really came through! He had picked me up a cake and gift and dropped them off at ShaLayne's earlier. I was so happy that he had remembered and it was alot of fun celebrating with the Stewart family because we do not get to see them very often. They sang a spectacular rendition of "happy birthday" and Landon insisted on lighting all 21 candles. He got me a gorgeous necklace that I have been wanting for a long time. Thanks to Maddie, Austin, Allie, Logan, ShaLayne and Di-izzle for the gifts, the song and sharing my cake! And thanks to Jeremy for sitting in the background watching "Ultimate Fighting":) I also celebrated my birthday in Idaho but I think I have rambled enough for one day. I will post about that later. Thanks to everyone who called or helped to celebrate on my birthday!


My cute husband lighting all of my candles


Wow! That was a big breath!


Holding up my Tiffany's bag!

Trying it on...


Showing it off!

4 comments:

Tedi @ Running with Infertility said...

Happy late Birthday! I'm sorry I missed it! :( I'm glad you enjoyed your birthday and that Landon came through in the end! That's so sweet! Now we just need to get that through all guys heads that that's how we like it! Surprises! :D yess! Sorry you're moving far away too. Now Chase and I can't come visit you. :( too far away!

ShaLayne said...

Happy Birthday Again Che' Those were some excellent pictures of your birthday surprise. Who was the great photographer? HA HA
I hope your trip to Idaho has been fun. Let me know when you get to Texas:)

Jen said...

Happy birthday. It was great seeing you at grandma's house. Hope you had a fabulous day!!!

Kim said...

Oh Che. YOu are so funny. Good job ol' Lando!!!!! How is Texas? Are you there yet?