Monday, October 12, 2009

Melancholy

Somethings just make no sense. Like how I love the smell of potatoes and dirt, or how a nose full of brown boogers make me smile. Why on earth would the feeling of freezing fingers warm my heart? I love the convenience of the city: with the stores, restaurants and entertainment a street away. But no matter how much I try to convince myself otherwise: there really is nothing quite like spud harvest.

13 comments:

Carlie said...

Amen. I couldn't agree more. :) I think it really must be in our blood, too bad great truck driving skills don't also gush through those veins. Love you. Miss you!

Jared and Sarah said...

Oh you love spud harvest!!! Hope you are having/had a wonderful time. Thanks Idaho and Che and family for such great potatoes! Remember when you were busy cut decided it would be a good time to chat?

Kim said...

Oh for sure it is engrained in you!! Always will be. Idaho is really a great place though... I gotta admit.

Andi and Cade said...

You are so good at summing it up in so few words! Glad you got to go home even with your crazy schedule!

Morgan Eliason said...

I didn't grow up with a "Spud Harvest", But I will admit that I LOVE the smell of fresh dug potatoes.. My husband thinks I'm nuts, so I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who loves that smell.

Greg n Sara said...

I miss Idaho Spuds too. I go to the grocery store and the potatoes are so small, I get very disapointed. I tell people around here that in Idaho Spud Harvest is like a holiday, you get out of school for two weeks all the kids some sit and some work LOL..

Greg n Sara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Greg n Sara said...

don't mind my spelling I am the worlds worst speller.

Unknown said...

I was just telling Cade that I love the smell of Idaho. He was like, "what??" I was like, I love the smell of the potatoes and manure etc. The air is so fresh there. So I love the city, but there is just something wonderful about the country. I will need the best of both worlds someday

johnandjana said...

I agree! I kind of miss the harvest, but I can smell the dirt and watch all the trucks hurrying back and forth to the pit. It's excitement in the air when harvest happens.

Dad said...

Thanks for coming home to help it means so much to me to be able to work with all my kids and have the memories that will never be forgotten! Thanks again Landon and Che you saved my life!

Mandi said...

Oh yes how I love having a stressed out grouchy husband, missing all the good football games because I am trading the boys off in their pile of s*** trucks that reek of mice and what not, not to mention spending all day making enormous amounts of food just for it to get swallowed without even being tasted. Oh and once last year when I was picking on the piler I picked off a piece of USED toilet paper. Spud harvest just isn't what it used to be for me. Maybe I should've moved away!!

The Crandall Family said...

um... yes please!! call me when you have some free time