Sunday, May 10, 2009

Fun in Philly

Today we were finally able to go into the city and see the Historical District. Landon and I loved it, I was fascinated that I was standing in the place where our country was born. We took a train downtown and then took tours through the Liberty Bell, Congress Hall and Independence Hall. We also took a leap of faith and got a Philly CheeseSteak from this vendor on the side of the street. They were prepared by the grungiest, grossest man who had dirt stuck in his fingernails and did not prepare our sandwiches with gloves... I am just waiting for everyone to come down with something terrible. 

Congress Hall 
the words from the constitution

Independence Hall
Liberty Bell 
Philly Cheesesteak vendor 

Ashley, me, Annie and Brandi
riding the train 
Here is all of us waiting for the train to come. There are some really fun married couples out here with us. I'm really looking forward to a great summer! 

5 comments:

Jeremy and Chari Gallup said...

Yummy! I love Philly Cheese Steak! I crave that all the time! It looks like you are having fun, there are a lot more married people than last year. That's fun for you!

Poulsen Family said...

How fun! Way to take advantage right from the start and get in some site seeing.
Question: How do you and where do you get your blog headers? The one you have right now is SUPER cute!

Jared and Sarah said...

Hey there! Looks like fun. That would be amazing to see all the history there. By the way, I love how you are the only brunette! Ha ha

johnandjana said...

It's good that you will have some fun people to hang out with and do things. Enjoy your summer!

Cody and Nicole Nelson said...

im jealous!! u guys always have such an adventurous summer!! thats so awesome. have a fun summer I cant wait to see what you do next !! :)