Monday, June 16, 2008

Remember the Alamo?



I do! Sunday after church Landon and I decided we would like to go see some of the sights we keep hearing so much about. Our first stop was the Alamo! The first thing I noticed when I entered the gates was how gorgeous the grounds were. Everything is so green and the landscaping is beautiful. All of the buildings are so old and made of rock. Most of them hold artifacts from the time of the war. It was really interesting to read about the events leading up to the fight and the things that have been accomplished afterward. Neither of us knew much about the Alamo though, I feel that the tour could have been way more informative if I had gone there with some idea about what went on. To be honest, I was way more interested in just being with landon anyway. I really do like this job, I love traveling to a new place every summer and seeing new things. But the schedule is vigorous and we really don't get to spend much time together.

We did not stay there for very long because it was so hot! Landon handles heat much better than I do. (Which is good because he has to be in it all day) He was a trooper but I had to keep sitting down to rest and wipe the sweat off my forehead.



When we had walked through all the buildings at the Alamo we made our way over to the riverwalk. I have heard alot about the riverwalk and was not quite sure what to expect but it's a really cool little place. It's below the city and it is just this long stretch of restaurants and shops on the side of the river.




We had originally planned on having dinner here, but we were not hungry enough and we were both sweating like crazy so instead we decided to go home and get in the pool for relief!

We love and miss you all! Being here has really made us appreciate our families and friends. Until next time...
P.S. told you I was here Di-izzle!

6 comments:

ShaLayne said...

Looks like you had a fun Sunday. I'm glad you are enjoying Texas. I can tell you that it's hot here too. Tell Lanny Hi! We miss you!

cortney and neil said...

I bet your sweat stains were out of control. Ha ha ha. Can I just tell you how much I love you . I was telling mom last night that it sure is nice we are friends now. I feel like I have found a new best friend FINALLY huh. We were out of control. Thanks for the comment on mine you are so sweet. I will kiss the monsters for you. I love you so much.
Your big (prettier J/k) big sister

Unknown said...

Those pics are really pretty-wish I could see it!

Anonymous said...

Hey! Ha so 103 degrees...not so agreeable with your sweating issues. :)Frankly, I'm bummed I missed it. I sure do miss you here. You looked so cute in that little skirt. Tell Landon I said hi. I miss him! I was thinking about him the other day. Can't wait to visit. I love you Che'!

Anonymous said...

Oh one more thing, finally you and Cort updated these things! I've been checking religiously. I have nothing to do when you don't put new stuff on. :) Love you!

Andi and Cade said...

It looks so fun there! I really wish we could come visit you. We miss you too.