Sunday, May 8, 2011

Congraduation!

Well folks, it finally came.... and then went. I graduated from Nursing school! I could give you a big, "Woohoo", but it just wouldn't quite sum it up. Strangely, I cried all the way to the graduation and halfway through it. I don't know if this is a normal reaction or not but I am a melancholy personality so it doesn't seem that out of character for me. I feel sad that this chapter in my life is over. I have spent so much time trying to get into the program and then suffering through it, I almost don't know what to do with myself.

I will say this... nursing school brought me some of the best friendships I have ever known. This is Carly. She and I started our pre-reqs together in Orem over 4 years ago and have laughed, cried, complained and rejoiced together more times than I can count. The thought of not seeing her everyday breaks my heart.




I had a lot of family members come to support me and it meant the world to me. These people are great to have in my corner.

I personally feel that this day really belongs to these two.... Landon has been such a good sport about helping me with Hudson for the last 4 months and hung in there with the B.I.G. miserable and overwhelmed pregnant nursing student. As for Hudson, at two weeks old his Mommy was leaving him for 12 hours at a time multiple times per week. I'm so grateful that this is over and all of my time spent at the hospital will now result in a paycheck!! Yippee and Go Utes!

5 comments:

ShaLayne said...

Congratulations Che'...Love you!

Kim said...

So awesome. Sorry we didn't stay to go to dinner...I just anticipated too many melt downs with the little woman. I am so proud of you though. It really is amazing what you have accomplished!!

Bree said...

Congrats Che!!!

Destry and Liz said...

Congrats Che...its weird how graduating can make you cry...I bawled through mine and I had no idea why! That is so great...and you will be a great nurse. Enjoy your little break and good luck with the rest of your schooling. You will do great!

Greg n Sara said...

Congrats to you... YOU DID IT.. and Hudson is growing what a cutie